Address Multiple Dental Issues with Personalized Full Mouth Reconstruction
If you need a large amount of dental care to address missing teeth, extensive decay, gum disease, or a combination of various oral health issues, you may feel overwhelmed by the idea of starting dental treatment. But this does not mean that you should give up on achieving a healthy, radiant smile. Dr. Vincent Ip can plan a custom full mouth reconstruction treatment plan at Smile 360™ in Austin, TX. A full mouth reconstruction is designed to address your unique oral health issues and restore the function and appearance of your smile through a series of treatments. By combining two or more restorative procedures, Dr. Ip can help you achieve a smile you are proud to show off.
Is a Full Mouth Reconstruction Right for You?
Essentially any patient who has several ongoing oral health issues is a candidate for a full mouth reconstruction. This can include patients with:
- Missing teeth
- Extensive tooth decay
- Cracked, fractured, or broken teeth
- Gum disease
No two full mouth reconstructions are the same. Therefore, treatment timelines and cost can vary significantly based on your specific needs.
Commonly Combined Restorative Procedures
Full mouth reconstruction treatment can include several different treatments based on your unique needs. Some of the procedures that patients typically need include:
- Dental fillings: If you have preexisting cavities, these can be addressed with tooth-colored fillings, an inlay, or an onlay on the same day of your appointment.
- Periodontal treatment: Gum disease can affect the health and look of your smile. We can perform periodontal treatment to reduce the uncomfortable side effects of gum disease and give your smile a healthy foundation for treatment.
- Dental implants: Widely regarded as the most reliable, durable replacement option for missing teeth, dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone. These small threaded posts replace the roots of missing teeth and can support crowns. Best of all, dental implants are designed to last a lifetime.
- Dental crowns: Dental crowns are versatile and can be used to repair decayed or damaged teeth as well as to enhance the aesthetics of your smile. Crowns can be fabricated from an array of natural-looking, high-quality materials and are designed to fit over the entire tooth structure for strength and reinforcement.
Before moving forward with any treatment, Dr. Ip will perform a thorough assessment of your teeth, gums, and surrounding structures to determine which treatments will best serve your unique needs.
Length and Cost of Treatment
No two full mouth reconstructions are the same. Therefore, treatment timelines and cost can vary significantly based on your specific needs. For example, a patient receiving a few crowns and a dental bridge will complete treatment faster than a patient undergoing treatment for an implant-supported denture. During your initial consultation with Dr. Ip, we will give you a basic idea of how long your personalized treatment plan will take.
Learn More about Full Mouth Reconstruction
If you are worried about multiple oral health issues, a full mouth reconstruction could be the optimal solution for you. To learn more about this comprehensive treatment, schedule a visit to Smile 360. Schedule an appointment online or give us a call at (512) 444-4746.