Invisalign Benefits: Straight Teeth, Better Oral Health & More
Because of the many unique advantages it offers, Invisalign is a very popular teeth alignment system for both adults and teenagers. As a Premier Provider of Invisalign, Dr. Vincent Ip at Smile360 in Austin, TX, offers extensive experience for your treatment. You can be sure he will help you maximize the many Invisalign benefits available.
Improving Oral Health
The most important function of Invisalign is straightening out your smile. Invisalign is designed to correct most mild to moderate tooth and bite alignment problems. As a result, patients also reap other important oral health benefits:
- Crowded Teeth: Overlapping teeth can be hard to clean, putting patients at increased risk for dental decay. By straightening your smile, Invisalign makes oral hygiene much simpler.
- Gapped Teeth: Extensive spacing between teeth can make it easier for bacteria to collect below the gum line, potentially causing gum disease.
- Underbite: When the top teeth rest behind the bottom teeth instead of in front, it is called an underbite. This condition can cause worn teeth and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
- Overbite: An overbite occurs when the upper arch of teeth teeth rests too far forward. In many cases, it can lead to worn teeth and jaw pain.
- Crossbite: Rather than jutting forward, the upper and lower arches may sometimes jut too far to the left or right. As a result, patients are at risk of tooth decay and TMJ-related problems, such as headaches.
- Open Bite: When a tooth does not make contact with its opposing tooth, it is known as an open bite. This condition can lead to speech impairments and pain while eating.
By straightening out crookedness and misalignment, Invisalign minimizes the risk of many oral health problems.